Thursday, January 20, 2011

Today I was really disappointed to wake up and find cloudy skies and a cold wind blowing from the North West. It wasn't going to be much of a day to do any gardening. Tonight the temperature will dip down below freezing again. I put the heater on in the greenhouse and will plan to cover things again tonight.
I am glad that I managed to spend a couple of hours in the garden yesterday. I cut back all the Salvia leucantha stalks behind the pool, mainly so that I could pull out all the false carrot plants that had germinated.
The rain has brought on a flush of germination. Bluebonnet seeds in thick clumps and weeds too. I'm going to have to move a few of them around.
Tonight I will get stuck into the Burpee seed catalogue and select the seeds which I will buy with the gift certificate Andrew gave me for my birthday.
David has left for his fishing trip to Argentina and I will head to Phoenix for a few days. It looks as thought he weather will be fine there.

No comments:

Post a Comment