Saturday, January 8, 2011

Austin had a couple of beautiful days Thursday and Friday, but I had committed to playing in the bridge tournament at the Doubletree hotel. So, that's where I was for 2 days. Today, despite all the pollen in the air I worked outside for a couple of hours. I decided that, in view of the promised cold front this next week, I would remove the two small A. desmettiana from the Spanish oak garden. I potted them up in a large container and put them in the greenhouse. I began pulling out chickweed in the sunken garden. It spreads further and further every year! Then I tackled the poppies growing between the pavers in the vegetable garden. I transplanted a few and hope that we will get the promised rain tonight.
The parcel from Gardeners' Supply arrived yesterday. I am disappointed with the new garden shoes. They are just a little too small. I may have to cut out the toes as people used to do with their childrens' shoes when I was a girl. One good reason not to buy mail order shoes.
Must look for the heater tomorrow. I think we are going to need it this week. Added some apple peelings to the trap. Maybe our rabbit will be tempted!

No comments:

Post a Comment