Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Days of rain and cold until yesterday. I finally went out to work in the garden wearing a vest, sweater and jacket. I began by tidying up in the English garden, cutting back the dead stems of the Philippine violet. I can't leave all the pruning until March, there is just too much to do. I also removed two Indian hawthornes which looked as though they were in a decline. I'm sure the yaupon holly will be relieved to spread out. I trimmed some of its lanky branches and prepared the area for another yaupon. After lunch I went to HD and bought a 1gallon replacement which I planted. I also planted several bluebonnet seedlings.
I see the turkeys have been out back, leaving their footprints and droppings all along the granite pathway.
Bluebonnet seedlings are germinating by the tens out there but not on the septic field where I would like to see them. I will try to transplant some of them into more appropriate places.
Today I did more cutting back and pulling out. Too many Mexican marigold mints. I love them but...

No comments:

Post a Comment